Install and activate Office 2019 for FREE legally using Volume license

Posted by in Microsoft Software Products | Last updated on Sticky

After a series of preview versions, Microsoft finally came out with an official version of Office 2019. It is stable one, this means you can download and use it right now without worrying about fatal errors which you have gotten in beta versions before. However, I regret to inform that according to the disclosures, Microsoft Office 2019 only works on Windows 10. So if you are using Windows 8.1 or older versions, you will not be able to install it. Honestly, I hate what Microsoft have done to force users to use Windows 10. And I think Office 2016 is still a good choice for casual users at the moment.

How to download Office 2019 from Microsoft homepage

If you have an Office 365 subscription, your Office will be upgraded to the latest version automatically without doing anything. However, if you are using Office 2016 or earlier versions, to make sure that Office 2019 will work normally, please uninstall your old version of Office completely before starting a new installation. If you do not have Office 2019 already, just go here to get official download link from Microsoft homepage and select the version you want.

Installing Office 2019 without a product key

After the download process is complete, you will get an image file. Just open it then run the setup file to install Office 2019 on your PC.

run setup file of office 2019

allow office 2019 installer

This may take a while, please wait.

office 2019 installation progress

Upon successful installation, you can open any Office program to verify some basic information.

Just skip the “enter product key” window by clicking close button at the top right corner.

enter office 2019 product key

accept office 2019 license agreement

And as you can see, I am using Office Professional Plus 2019 and the trial license will expire in 7 days.

trial license expires in 7 daysmost features will be disabled

Activating Office 2019 using KMS license key

Step 1: Copy the following code into a new text document.

create a new text file

@echo off
title Activate Microsoft Office 2019 ALL versions for FREE!&cls&echo ============================================================================&echo #Project: Activating Microsoft software products for FREE without software&echo ============================================================================&echo.&echo #Supported products:&echo - Microsoft Office Standard 2019&echo - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019&echo.&echo.&(if exist "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16")&(if exist "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" cd /d "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16")&(for /f %%x in ('dir /b ..\root\Licenses16\ProPlus2019VL*.xrm-ms') do cscript ospp.vbs /inslic:"..\root\Licenses16\%%x" >nul)&(for /f %%x in ('dir /b ..\root\Licenses16\ProPlus2019VL*.xrm-ms') do cscript ospp.vbs /inslic:"..\root\Licenses16\%%x" >nul)&echo.&echo ============================================================================&echo Activating your Office...&cscript //nologo slmgr.vbs /ckms >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /setprt:1688 >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /unpkey:6MWKP >nul&cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /inpkey:NMMKJ-6RK4F-KMJVX-8D9MJ-6MWKP >nul&set i=1
:server
if %i%==1 set KMS_Sev=kms7.MSGuides.com
if %i%==2 set KMS_Sev=kms8.MSGuides.com
if %i%==3 set KMS_Sev=kms9.MSGuides.com
if %i%==4 goto notsupported
cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /sethst:%KMS_Sev% >nul&echo ============================================================================&echo.&echo.
cscript //nologo ospp.vbs /act | find /i "successful" && (echo.&echo ============================================================================&echo.&echo #My official blog: MSGuides.com&echo.&echo #How it works: bit.ly/kms-server&echo.&echo #Please feel free to contact me at msguides.com@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.&echo.&echo #Please consider supporting this project: donate.msguides.com&echo #Your support is helping me keep my servers running everyday!&echo.&echo ============================================================================&choice /n /c YN /m "Would you like to visit my blog [Y,N]?" & if errorlevel 2 exit) || (echo The connection to my KMS server failed! Trying to connect to another one... & echo Please wait... & echo. & echo. & set /a i+=1 & goto server)
explorer "http://MSGuides.com"&goto halt
:notsupported
echo.&echo ============================================================================&echo Sorry! Your version is not supported.&echo Please try installing the latest version here: bit.ly/aiomsp
:halt
pause >nul

Step 2: Save the text file as a batch file with .cmd extension. (Eg. office2019.cmd)

copy code into the text filesave the text file as a batch file with cmd extension

Step 3: Run this batch file with admin rights.

run batch file as admin

allow activation progress

Step 4: Done! You Office has been activated successfully. Please check activation status again.
Note: If your PC can not connect to any KMS servers, please try running the batch file again.

product activation successful

office 2019 professional plus

More information:

• Here is KMS client key of Office 2019: NMMKJ-6RK4F-KMJVX-8D9MJ-6MWKP.
  • The KMS license of Office 2019 is valid for 180 days only but it can be renewed automatically so you neednt worry so much about the period.
Install and activate Office 2019 for FREE legally using Volume license
4.3 (166 votes)

If you would have any questions or concerns, please leave your comments. I would be glad to explain in more details. Thank you so much for all your feedback and support!

For faster support, please visit here for troubleshooting. Need more help? Please email me at msguides.com@gmail.com

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

543 thoughts on “Install and activate Office 2019 for FREE legally using Volume license

1. LexLuthorIV

Even running the batch file as admin, I still get that it is failing activation as it doesn’t support the version.

2. pranav

Thanks on windows 10 home single language. Its works fine and activated. But I want to know Is it works on Windows 8.1 Pro? Thanks

3. DAHYABHAI

I have requested before 4day regarding MS office 2019 pro plus activation by KMS 1click.cmd office2019.cmd run Administrator, failing a to activation.stated as doesn’t support the version.
    How to solve it

4. Antoine PEAN

Hi Guang,

Many thanks for this tutorial, it works perfectly on my computer! I tried many other ways to get it with no success until I use your method.

PS: The batch file takes some time to execute so don’t be troubled if there are no “visual changes” afer applying it.

5. Tony

Hello Guang,
    Congrats to your 2019 Office install tut!
    Cool – all worked seamestly!
    KMS version is good-
    Thanks again from Hungary
    Best
    Tony

6. Mark Stoler

*** Everyone who has a problem with activation office 2019 or other versions follow this steps:

1. Download Office Deployment Tool : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=49117
    ( you can follow instruction on this page : https://msguides.com/microsoft-software-products/install-office-2016-multilanguage.html )

2. after extracting the files from the tool, create config.xml file and put inside the following :

3. create install.cmd file and put inside :
    @echo off
    cd /d %~dp0
    setup.exe /configure config.xml
    pause

4. run install.cmd

5. after installation complete run the activation KMS batch file !!!! ( That will work GUARANTY )

1. Bernard Jeff

Still does not work for me. Activation script fails. Debugging it shows error messages like:

Installing Office license: ..\root\licenses16\proplus2019vl_kms_client_ae-ppd.xrm-ms
        ERROR CODE: 0xC004F01F
        ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service determined that the license is invalid.

I uninstalled Office before reinstalling it using the deployment tool method. Even used the Office Removal tool from MS to make sure nothing left.

Any ideas?

Running Windows 10, executing the script as admin…

1. Doomskunk

doesnt work. cant even install. I suspect I updated windows to latest version and it has a method to detect and block this.

7. Rohan Lodaya

I installed office 2019. But after activation, it says Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 and not 2019. PLease help.
    Thanks.

1. kWong

Uninstall all Office software.

Restart PC

Office download Img, open, Folder Open, choose Office 2016setup.exe to install.

If the folder open only have Office 2019setup .exe, ie. is the reason why after installation, it shown office 2019.

Besides, this post is for Office 2019, below, search Office 2016 activation post. Batch file is different.

2. kWong

Uninstall all Office software.

Restart PC

Office download Img, open, Folder Open, choose Office 2019setup.exe to install.(x32bit or X64bit)

If the folder open only have Office 2016setup .exe, ie. is the reason why after installation, it shown office 2016.

8. Maxine

Hi. I used to have the office 365 free trial, but I uninstalled it when it expired. Downloaded the office 2019 and followed the steps outlined above. I reached the but when I tried opening ms word and clicked on account, it says “activation required. this product is unlicensed. connect to your corporate network or contact your system administrator for further assistance”

Tried inputting the KMS client key of office 2019, but I got this message: this product key is for the volume licensed versionof microsoft office professional plus 2019, which isn’t currently installed…

1. Maxine

Already did and it says product activation was successful, but I’m still getting the same message when I open MS word account: Activation required. Microsoft office professional plus 2019. Change product key…” Would you know what might be causing this? Thanks for the help!

9. nixie

Hi, do you have any working 365 activators? your guide for activating office 365 didn’t work for me. it changed 365 to 2016! I was hoping for an update

Legal way to use Office 365 totally FREE, without paying a dime

below post

Office 365, Office 2016, Office 2019, all are Office 16

1. kWong

ON the top, click in “Community”, log in or sign in, clear put down detail what you have done and not working. With photo attached.

1. nixie

what do you mean 365 img?

I don’t think anything works at the moment for office 365. Even your own video shows it gets converted to office 2016 after activation.

At 1:53, it shows office 2016, not 365. No offense but you may have overestimated your activator. It doesn’t work for office 365.

10. Bernard Jeff

Did not work for me. After debugging your script (looking at the output of the different commands), I noticed the first commands all fail. For example:

ERROR CODE: 0xC004F01F

I downloaded and installed Office 2019 using the link on your site.

Any idea how to fix this?

1. kWong

Uninstall office everything , restart PC.
      The key got it here won’t work in retail office you downloaded. When install office 2019 pro plus come to put in key page, close it. when finish installation,follow this post method, run the batch file with admin right.

1. Bernard Jeff

I don’t use the retail I installed Office 2019 according to the post on your site (ProPlus2019Retail). Tried to uninstall completely including MS removal tool and installed again. Get the same errors when trying to activate.

1. kWong

In Community, first have a look Guildline post.

2. kWong

Uninstall Windows update KB3058168 and KB3058163

Go to Control Panel
      Open Programs and Features
      Click View installed updates
      Check for the above mentioned update and uninstall it
      Restart computer
      Do a windows update and check the status.

uninstall officxe everything and try again

1. Bernard Jeff

These update do not exist on my system. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 following your post on Windows 10.

1. Bernard Jeff

Yes, still a problem.

New Windows 10 installation as your site instructs. Windows activation worked fine.

Than fresh Office 2019 installation – all according to your site.
            Still, cannot activate. Very frustrating.
            Are you sure this works for Office 2019 on latest Windows 10?

I don’t know what else to try.

I see my grace period is about to end in 4 days.

1. kWong

ON the top, click in “Community”, log in or sign in. Create a new post, clear put down detail what you have done and not working. With photo attached.

In Community, first have a look Guildline post.

11. Balbeer Choudhary

Wow, Thank you So Much.

After connecting my Laptop with Internet, I follow all steps one by one properly.

I am happy to say that, now in my laptop Office 2019 is Activated. Thank you so much.

12. peter goessling

I have run with admin Good Morning I Run the activator several times and I get cant connect then I get unsupported version at the end how do I fix it

1. kWong

Create another admin account, don’t change any setting for admin account.

Run the batch file with admin right again. Besides, you must online when run the batch file.

1. peter goessling

I did that already Created second admin account ran program in admin still getting the same no anti-virus installed.

It says no instances found 3 times the software version insupported

13. Peter

14. Doomskunk

Hi Guang, I installed office 365 pro plus 2 years ago using this method but recently my office has been disabled.

i tried reinstalling but everytime i connect to the internet, the original office installer wont work, and if i installed offline, i cannot use any office app when connected to the net.

Tried installing offline, then coming online to run the batch .cmd patch, but get error connecting to KMS server.

How can i resolve this problem?

1. Doomskunk

Thanks for your quick reply.. indeed, after many tries i could activate but now when i load the office apps, i get this error:
          “Something went wrong”
          We couldnt start your program. Please try starting it again.
          if it wont start try repairing Office from “Programs and Features” in
          the Control Panel.
          You can go online to find more help.

i cant get any office apps to run

1. kWong

Where you get the office software from?

office 365 can get it from Microsoft.

Before installation, you need to uninstall all Office sofware, restart PC, try again.

1. kWong

batch file only work with one office software in PC. Uninstall everything of office software. Restart your PC, on line, install office 365 again. until activation page, close it. when finish installation. close it. Run the batch file with admin right.

15. vsbw

hey
    i’m getting this error!
    Sorry your version is not supported.Can you please send me the solution?In great need actually

16. lagrabow

Thank you for your work.
    I downloaded MS Office 2019 from MS site and I got ProPlus2019Retail.img
    Went through the install process following your directions and was able to activate no problem, but it is a Retail not a Volume so I cannot use the key provided. Your link for downloading was not working as you explained further down. Do I need a Retail key for this to work?

1. kWong

Run the batch file with admin rights.

* no need use any key to activate.

17. Dave J

Can’t activate Office 2019 on Windows 10. Windows was activated successfully using your other script, but Office will not activate. I get “The connection to my KMS server failed! Trying to connect to another one…” for all servers, then “Sorry! Your version is not supported.”
    Using the browser I can surf to so I don’t think it’s a firewall issue. Also, as I said, Windows activation did work.

1. Dave J

Of course I’m online 🙂
            It still does not work.
            As I said, your other batch for Win10 activation did work.
            Also, I can surf to your servers using the browser.
            What else can be done? I’m lost…

1. kWong

The batch file only work with one office software in PC. Uninstall all office software, and restart PC, try again with admin right running batch file.